Customer: I bought two expensive dictionaries here half an hour ago, but I forgot to take them with me. Manager: Who served you, sir? Customer: The lady who is standing behind the counter. Manager: Wh

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(214) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第一册

AS IT IS 2015-06-27 Gay Marriage Is Legal Across the US 同性婚姻在美国全境合法化 Before today, gay and lesbian couples could legally marry in 36 states and Washington, DC.Now, the U.S. Supreme Court has extended that right across the coun

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is how a verb and an adverb messed up the inauguration. I took a break from work Tuesday to watch Barack Obama's inauguration, and like millions of other people, I saw a bit of confusion between Chief Justice John Rob

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

IN THE NEWS - Conservatives, Liberals Criticize Bush's Choice for Court By Nancy Steinbach and Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Saturday, October 08, 2005 I'm Steve Ember with IN THE NEWS in VOA Special Engl

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

1. Originally Kim Roberts doubted the story of a colleague who told police she was dragged into a bathroom and raped at a Duke University lacrosse team party. But in an interview with The Associated P

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(231) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2006

1. Chief Justice John Roberts is out of a Maine hospital. He was released the day after suffering a seizure . The White House says Roberts told President Bush / he's fine. Roberts headed back to his vacation home in Maine. 2. In South Carolina two c

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

In 1972, I returned to Miami Beach High School to speak to the drama class. Afterward I asked the drama teacher if any of my English teachers are still there. Irene Roberts, he tells me, is in the class just down the hall. 1972年,我回到迈阿密海

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Fish Use Whole Bodies When They Eat Fish are animals that live in the water. They are also vertebrates animals that have a backbone and a spine. They have gills that permit them to take oxygen from the water. But have you ever wondered how vertebrate

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(七)月

What Causes Jet Lag and How to Avoid It 时差是如何产生及如何避免时差 From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Lifestyle Report. Our bodies react to daylight. In fact, light is the most powerful environmental signal for re-setting o

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Abigail Adams: Feminist, Partner, First Lady Abigail Adams was like a modern woman, even though she lived in colonial times. She strongly supported the American Revolution, womens rights and education. She worked to get public schooling for girls. Sh

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(一)月

High Stakes Threaten the Security of English Language Tests 高风险威胁着英语测试的安全 The British Home Office recently took away the rights of several universities to sponsor foreign students. In February 2014, the universities gave Eng

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(438) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(一)月

DAVID GREENE, HOST: The veep was at the Kennedy Center last night. Well, I'm talking about HBO's Veep, Julia Louis-Dreyfus. She was in the nation's capital to pick up the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor. And some big names in comedy joined her th

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

鱼类为吃食而锻炼肌肉 New research published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences finds that both head and body muscles help them gulp down prey in one explosive action. About half of all vertebrates animals with backbones

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2015年7月

B: Does this apartment face south? 这房子是否向南? A: The living room faces south and the bedrooms face north. Mrs.Chen, what do you think of this unit? It has a beautiful hill view and

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Wife posed as girl in online trap Cheryl Roberts called the police after catching her husband propositioning schoolgirls for sex A suspicious wife posed as a teenager online to catch her husband propositioning girls in a chatroom, Cardiff Crown Court

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

More than 100 Nobel laureates have signed a letter urging Greenpeace to end its opposition to genetically modified organisms (GMOs). The letter asks Greenpeace to cease its efforts to block introduction of a genetically engineered strain of rice that

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The abuse of mobile-phone data 手机数据的滥用 The two towers 两个发射塔 Junk science is putting innocent people in jail 伪科学正将无辜的人民推向囹圄。 SOMEONE strangled a prostitute in Portland, Oregon in 2002. The police a

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

Congressional elections 国会选举 Immovable incumbents 在职者连任 The Republican primaries have produced fewer upsets than expected 共和党竞选并没有想象中那么让人失望 JUSTIN AMASH, a congressman, represents one of the most co

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

研究:睡眠充足的学生成绩更优异 Students need their ZZZs to succeed Teenagers need nine hours of sleep a night and parents can help by getting them back on a school sleep schedule before classes begin, researchers suggest. Early morning

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Yes,It's a very funny movie with Jason Sudeikis,Emma Roberts and Ed Helms. 这是我和Jason Sudeikis,Emma Roberts和Ed Helms合作的搞笑电影 And It's, he is a drug dealer who then has to end up smuggling a lot of marijuana across the border. 他是

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 艾伦脱口秀